Friday, August 3, 2012

Jamwon Swimming Pool

On Friday, Ben and I tried to escape the 95 degree weather and 90% humidity by going to the pool. You have to pay ten bucks to rent a chair so everyone just lays down on the concrete. Also, the guys there wore less clothes than the girls did. Seriously. Almost every guy there was jacked and wearing a speedo. Not just any kind of speedo, but speedos that were bright pink and purple or had cartoon designs on them. I'm not sure what was going through their heads looking at it at the store and being like ya, that looks great. The other small percentage of people not in speedos were foreigners. Alan reckons they are all gay. We were in an area near apgujeong, which is famous for being rich young people and a popular hangout spot for gay people during the day. Most of the people at the pool were between ages 25-35, and none of them looked like they had a job. They just looked like they worked out in the morning and went to the pool to show off their bod (all of their bod) in the afternoon. 



When we first got in the pool we got yelled at. Apparently, you aren't allowed to swim unless you have a swimcap on. I guess its because Koreans have super thick hair, almost like yarn, and it clogs up the drains? But either way, it was soo weird to have to go swimming leisurely with a swimcap on. Ben and I figured if you can't beat em, join em, so we bought the most obnoxious swimcaps they had for sale. 


There's a new hotdog joint by work now. I had a kimchi hotdog. 


On Tuesday after work, Cecily, Ben, and I went back to the pool to waste away the afternoon. Again, the same people were there wearing the same speedos. They must really not have jobs. After swimming, we went to the 7/11 to grab some ramen and a beer and watch the sunset. 


Yesterday, Ben and I went up north to meet Mark before he left for the US (he's leaving sunday). While I was walkin around lookin for Ben I caught sight of this fancy shoe store.


As always, we got barbeque for dinner. This place was a self serve barbeque all you can eat type of place. After dinner we went to a nice little makgeoli (rice winish stuff) bar that makes their own makgeoli. 


Today, Ben and I are headed to the beach. Peter's going to come join us after work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment