This is my 52nd blog post, which means I've officially been in Korea for a year. One of my coteachers wanted to go out one last time, so we left all the organizing up to Joon. We first headed to this industrial bar/restaurant called the Warehouse to get a few drinks and some dinner.
Ben broke his arm two nights before. The cause is yet to be determined.
This is Jihye, the one who wanted to go out. She used to be Cecily's coteacher, but for the past 3 weeks she was mine.
I was attempting to eat some octopus tentacle. It was pretty good but you had to chew it forever. I ordered a sashimi salad which was amazing.
Joon, in true Joon fashion, brought a bottle of Patron.
After the Warehouse, we headed to the usual spot Gold Bar. Armando and I won these cannon lighters in a $1 machine on the street. Tyler was playing with it and pretended to shoot it at Greg. Got got nervous and spilled his jack and coke all over himself.
Ben had to play left handed, but he still had perfect form.
Cecily, SoJu, and Jihye. SoJu teaches at DYB in Bundang.
So this is what my typical 9th grade classes look like. It was my last class with them and you can see they were overly excited.
On the flip side, this is my 7th grade class that I teach with Jihye. The difference in age is only 2 years but the difference in personality is monumental. I taught the 9th graders for the past 7 months. I taught the 7th graders for only 3 weeks. The 9th graders were all falling asleep and the 7th graders, when I walked in, were dancing on the tables. Still, I prefer the chilled out 9th graders.
BUT the 7th graders got me a lot of snacks! They gave me a months supply of ramen, some chips, some chocolate, some coffee drinks, just a mix n match of different snacks. Each of them wrote a note on the packages too! Although most of them are in Korean cause they think I speak Korean. Some students in one of my 9th grade classes also bought me some my gummies, which are like grape jelly candy, my favorite candy in Korea. The ramen in the blue package (bibimyeon) is my favorite ramen. The one in the red package is what most Koreans like the best, shin ramen.
My basil plant is comin in nice! Just in time for me to leave..
No comments:
Post a Comment