So the middle school and elementary schools teamed up for a little Christmas in July get together before intensives. Intensives are when the schools are out for summer vacation, but they come to academy at 8am. Therefore, there will be less nights out. The rule was you had to bring a gift somewhere around ten bucks. We played that game where you pick a random gift and open it. Then the next person in line can either steal your gift or pick a different gift to open. I brought a thing of kool-aid and a box of easy mac n cheese.
I got Cecily's gift which was an old Korean folk band vinyl record she found at the flea market. The only English title on the back is "Don't do that, Burt!".. But the bartender noticed it and started going on and on about how its such a great band, so I can't wait to listen to it!
Tyler got my gift. You can see he's super excited about his kool-aid and mac n cheese.
A couple candids.
Cecily and Armando got a hold of my camera while I was playing darts. Armando is one of the newer members of DYB, replacing Ben. He's from Georgia.
This is Greg from Detroit. He replaced Mark a while ago. He's a giant and when he first came he a greasy slicked back hair down to his shoulders so we called him Fonzi.
The elementary crew.
There's a website called reddit.com where people from all over the world post a wide variety of different topics like world news, funny things, book exchanges, pretty much anything you interested in you could find on this website. Once a year they hold a website wide gift exchange called "Arbitrary Day" where you get matched up with someone random and buy them a gift. My person was from Philadelphia and this is what she sent me! I was so excited to get my gift.
My new days off during intensives will be Fridays, so I'll be posting on Fridays from now on!
No comments:
Post a Comment