Not much happened this week, so there's not much to write about. On Friday, I made Baby Drew a top to go with the pants I made her last week, and shipped them home Monday. I got a phone call after I went to the post office but I don't know any Korean, so I am hoping that the post office wasn't calling to say something was wrong and it couldn't ship out or whatever.. so here's to hoping!
On Satuday, Joon wanted to go to a different area, some place other than Sincheon, and specifically, Gold Bar. Joon, Tyler, Cecily and I headed out to Konkuk University area, since university areas typically have cheaper drinks. It looked exactly like Sincheon. Streets lined with neon lights as far as the eye can see. We first popped into a bar and decided to do some rounds. Each person was to buy a cocktail and shooter for the table. Joon won rock paper scissors so he went first and bought us B-52's. I've never had one, but the gist was that you light it on fire and drink it with a straw in one shot so you don't burn your throat. I was a little nervous, but it ended up tasting something like a cappuccino, which wasn't terrible. Then Cecily bought one of the worst shots I think I ever tasted.
After those rounds we met up with Ben and Peter, who were out to dinner with Suzie's mom. Ben picked this spot and the shots, which actually outdid Cecily's shots. It was straight Maker's Mark whiskey with a maraschino cherry in it. I only did half of it and was about to spit everything out onto the floor, but somehow managed to get it down. I hate shots. The good part was that we got some entertainment. First up was one of the girl bartenders. She was doing tricks like spinning and juggling bottles, but she kept dropping them on the floor, so she ran to the back room after about 2 minutes. I admire her effort though. Next was this pyro guy who was lighting torches on fire and spitting liquor into them to make firebombs. He also did some bottle juggling which was better than the girls. Next was another dude and he made this crazy contraption of glasses on top of each other like a pyramid and poured liquor over all of them and simultaneously lit it all on fire. Then they did a little juggling act together. It was pretty good bar entertainment.
Greg roused me from sleep to go grab lunch in Itaewon with him, Shyanne and Shyanne's boyfriend. We went to the Wolfhound, our usually Sunday brunch. On our way we passed this guy just snoozin through the day. In the bar there was a girl who was passing out on this guys shoulder and a group of army guys going hard with whiskey shot after whiskey shot and chanting things like "SPARTA!" Needless to say they all passed out on the table after about an hour, and 1 guy even passed out in the bathroom. I left the Wolfhound to get Taco Bell before going home and the same army guy was passed out at a table in Taco Bell. Guess he had a rough night.
Since Ben instated a dress code at main branch, I did a lot of shopping, because my wardrobe consisted solely of hooded sweatshirts. I had a few dress shirts but rarely wore them. Now this is what I dress like when I attempt to teach these kids how to write English essays that I barely know how to write myself.
On Thrusday, Cecily and I made our weekly trip to cooking class. Before the class even started, she set her hair on fire with the candles that hang on the wall. The smell in the room was awful.
This week we made Dalk Galbi, which literally translates to "chicken meat". It was originally invented as a cheaper way to enjoy barbeque than beef or pork, but transformed over the years as a sort of chicken stir fry. It was by far the best meal we made to date.
As usual, we ate everything in front of us. After that was finished, we started eating our neighbors.

No comments:
Post a Comment