On Saturday, Nancy called me and told me to hurry to her room. I thought something was wrong or she needed help or something.. when I got there she handed me two tupperware containers of food. It was so delicious! I forget what the soup was called, but its something like spicy pork.. it had pork, bean sprouts, and green onions. She also gave me some of her left over rice.. she's going to make a great mother some day.
Later that day, Tyler and I met Peter, Ben, Suzie, and Minnie for some barbeque and drinks. When we were in the cab, Kenny Rogers "Coward of the County" came on. It was one of the last songs I ever thought I'd here in Korea, but it was great. The cab driver turned it up! Today at Starbuck's Bob Dylan's "Tangled Up In Blue" came on, which was the first song I heard when I was in the cab in Prague. Its good to know Bob is still represented worldwide.
Ben was actually casted as the next Vanna White.. notice how perfectly he's displaying the leaves.
On Sunday we had dinner at Suzie's. This time Peter cooked. He made some kinda pasta with bacon and veggies. He didn't think it tasted too good but I thought it was much better than the Ramen I've been chowin' on.
On Thursday at work there was a magical scent of American Chinese Lo Mein wafting through the hallways. It made me crave some chinese food so badly. Ben knew about an American Chinese style restaurant just down the street called Ho Lee Chow (creative, I know) so that's where we went for lunch. It was no Chinese Buffet, but it was pretty damn good.
After the Chinese restaurant, and since it was a nice day, we walked back to Daechi along the stream. Peter left for England today to do a 2 week soccer camp (he's thinking about opening a soccer school here), so we sent him off with a couple of drinks. When he comes back he won't be working at the Elementary school anymore, and since he has a sought after leather chair in the teachers room, the Elementary teacher's had a drinking contest to see who got the rights to the chair. Cecily participated even though she works at the middle school just to represent. Greg ended up winning. Congrats Greg!
Today I was more or less a zombie. I didn't do anything besides call home and go to Starbuck's to read. I met Alan on the subway on the way home, and he brought over some drinks. He's from New Orleans and was sad about missing Mardi Gras, so he concocted the traditional Mardi Gras drink called the "Hand Grenade". It tasted about as good as it sounds. The whole drink consisted solely of 1 shot bourbon, 1 shot rum, 1 shot vodka, 1 shot gin, and a splash of Midori. I can't say it was the best tasting drink I've ever had.. I couldn't finish it. Besides, we were way too hungry and opted to go get some rice cake / dumpling soup instead.
Only five more days until intensives are over! I never thought I'd see the day.. I'm overly excited about being able to once again wake up late and mosey around the house before work. These 6am wake up calls are getting to me. Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment