Friday, February 17, 2012

Comic World

This Sunday, Emily, Greg and I went to "Comic World", which is an event that happens once every two months or so. It was hosted near our building, and it was a nice day, so we just walked. I knew that people were going to be dressed up as Japanese anime characters, but I never imagined how into it they would be. They made Halloween look like a joke. I was expecting to find tons of Naruto people, but unfortunately, there was only about 3 or 4 groups, and I found them all.. and 3 of the groups were dressed up as exactly the same characters (the bad guys). A lot of people who were dressed up were down by the creek taking pictures in the weeds and in the creek, trying to get a bit of background in a concrete city. I didn't dress up this time, but Cecily is an avid Avatar: The Last Airbender fan, so next time we may dress up as the characters. 


Here was the first group of Naruto characters we found.. but you can't really see them. They are the bad guys in the show called the Akatsuki.. they were the black robes with red clouds.


I don't know who these guys are


These guys had the coolest non-Naruto outfits.. I love the girl on the right with the huge hat and strange umbrella. 



Here was another group of Naruto Akatsuki. They only had enough people for about half of them. From left to right: Itachi, Konan, Pain, and two Sasoris.. I don't know why they needed two..


I don't know..


Here is what the inside looked like. There was booths with different shows selling different things. There's Greg struttin down the aisles. He bought a couple posters of racy anime girls. 


Here was the only group of Naruto characters dressed up as the good guys! Kind of.. From left: Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke, and Iruka. Sasuke is actually one of the baddest guys on the show, but he used to be Naruto's friend. The girl who was Naruto even bought blue contacts!


Here was the best group of Akatsuki people! Almost all of them were here.. the only one missing is Deidara. It was great! I had to beg them for a picture though, cause they were practicing for a performance of some kind. But I'm so glad they obliged! From left: Tobi, Kisame, Itachi, Konan, Pain, Kakuzu, Hidan, and Sasori. They were lined up perfectly! All standing next to their partners. Except Sasori's partner was Deidara, who wasn't there, and Tobi doesn't have a partner. 


I dunno why but Emily wanted a picture with this fella. 


Greg asked these girls if he could pose with them and they all got so excited!


I didn't walk away empty handed.. at one of the booths I bought a Naruto eyeglasses cleaner. Leave it to Asia to sell eyeglasses cleaners as a novelty item, but it was actually the only useful thing they had so I wasn't complaining.. and it has my favorite character! They guy with red hair, Gaara. But you can see how accurate everyone's outfits were.. 


Suzie invited me over for dinner that night.. it was just her, Pete, and me. Minnie came a little later. She made spaghetti with meatballs! It was so good. I had to leave early though cause I had work at 7 the next morning. 


Today I got a package from my family and Aunt Kay! It had swedish fish, kettle cooked chips, sour patch kids, salsa, and goldfish.. all my favorite snacks! 


One day last week while I was going to class one of my old students, Suji, who I could have sworn hated me, came up to me and said it was her birthday and asked me where her present was. Shocked that she was talking to me, I told her I'd get her one and give it to her next week. The first day I taught her in like October, she gave me this really pissy look the whole class, every class, and would never do my work. Now I couldn't get her to leave me alone so I could go to class. Anyway, I didn't see her at all this week and one day Ben texted me and said "one of your students is looking for you, she started laughing and ran away with your terrible towel" (Aunt Karen sent me a terrible towel and I had it hanging on the chalkboard next to my desk, subject to abuse by all the Steeler's haters in the native teachers room). I was wondering who it was, who would have went into the room and stole it, but I had no idea. Later that day, Cecily texted me and asked me why Suji had my terrible towel. I guess shes in Cecily's class now, and was flaunting the towel in the middle of class! I opened the door to go to my last class of the day on Thursday and Suji was standing right outside of it demanding her present. I gave her the candy I bought for her and she just looked at me with a blank expression and said "what is this? wheres my present?" I told her thats all she was getting, and she should be happy with that! She ran away and yelled at me "You're never getting back your towel!".. I don't know if she's kidding or not but she does kind of scare me.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment