Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wake Boarding

There's a little park next to my building and now that its hot kids are always playing in this fountain. It makes me want to be a kid again..


On Sunday, Peter, Suzie, Minnie and GeunYeop went to a river to do some water sports. GeunYeop used to work at our branch but now works at Minnie's branch, and is very into extreme sports and the like, so we all packed into her car and set off. It was such a great feeling to get out of the city and onto a river! It was so nice and peaceful. We ended up spending the whole day there. 


GeunYeop was a professional wake boarder. Minnie and I eventually tried but weren't as good. I was the least successful. 



This was our station


Minnie training to become an Olympic wake boarder.



Everytime we wanted to take a swim in the river we had to wear life jackets.. it was kinda annoying but I guess the police patrol the area and look for that kind of thing.





I been working out three times a week. Can you tell? 


On the second round Minnie graduated from training and became a professional wake boarder. 



Then it was my turn for training. GeunYeop was my translator. 


I did it! I was good at the side of the boat but when I went behind the boat on the string I couldn't stand up :( Oh well.. it was fun either way! The next day I was so sore. 


After coming back from the day at the river we sat down for some drinks and some barbeque. 


Tuesday night was Tyler's 25th birthday so we went out for some drinks and some barbeque (seems to be a pattern here..) My birthday is Sunday, lest anyone forget. 


I made it to cooking class this week to make some Bulgogi burgers. Bulgogi is a very popular, very Korean dish. It is thinly sliced beef (kinda like chipped ham), but what makes it bulgogi is the sauce. It has soy sauce, sugar, cooking wine, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and corn starch. It is pretty sweet but very delicious. 




I was sitting by the river just reading a book when I noticed this Korean crane stalking me. As soon as I looked up at it it froze and wouldn't move. 


The grass by the creek is getting soo high! It's at least ten feet in some places now. 


This weekend we are flying out to Jeju Island, south of Korea. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment