Cecily spotted this in one of the subway stations. She noticed there was a face in the hole so I thought it would be a perfect addition to the blog. While she was getting the settings on the camera and the scene all right, a small crowd of Koreans gathered around to stare at me like I was the entertainment.
On Saturday, Emily Cecily and I went to a "German" flea market that happens once a month. I say "German" because the only thing German about it was sausages and some German beer at the bar. Other than that it was more like a hipster flea market. It was in a pretty cool building that looked like those metal freight boxes stacked on each other. Everyone there was young and hip and they were playing really loud techno music. It was sorta like a club but with cheap clothes and knickknacks for sale. Unfortunately most of the clothes were for women. They also had some really cool artwork. This Kenyan guy was selling pictures made out of butterfly wings. They were a little creepy but they looked awesome. Another perk was that there was a bar in the building, so you could drink a beer while browsing around. Emily got a new skirt and Cecily got a bag. I walked out empty handed :/
After the Market, Cecily and I went to Itaewon to meet up with Ben, Tyler, and Greg to watch the Liverpool vs Arsenal game. I left early to go home to watch the Duke vs UNC game early in the morning. I dragged myself out of bed to watch the game at 9 in the morning, only to see Duke get absolutely killed by UNC. Oh well, at least they split the series.
Later that day we went to a ballet called "Giselle". Cecily got the tickets awhile ago and 15 of us went. The ballet was soo interesting that I fell asleep for the second half of the first act. It was some sappy romantic love story and I just couldn't follow along. Luckily we had Cecily because no one we were with knew what the hell was going on. I guess this girl had a fiance, then she fell in love with some prince. The prince was also engaged. Then out of no where two dogs walked out on stage (that was the best part). So Giselle and the prince fell in love. Giselle's fiance found out, spilled the news, and Giselle died of a heart attack. That's about the time that I woke up. The second act was kind of interesting. Giselle died and the whole second part took place in a graveyard. The lights were dimmed and the ballerinas had sheets over their heads like ghosts. I have no idea what they were trying to do though, and even after Cecily explained it I still didn't know. At least I did something cultural..
After the show we saw a sign for the ballet Spartacus, which is a ballet that I could get into. Everyone in the picture had swords and it looked like there was a lot of fighting. I can't believe she chose Giselle over Spartacus.
My new days off now are Thursdays, so today I went to the book store, got a book, and went grocery shopping. At E-Mart, I picked up this new plant to give some life to my lifeless room. A beautiful sunset over the apartment filled Seoul. If it wasn't for the mountains that surround the city it would probably be one of the ugliest cities around.
Next week Mr Song gave us 2 days off! Everyone's so excited. However, one of the days is my day off. But its still worth it. I'm not sure what we're going to do yet but I hope I get my overtime pay before then..
No comments:
Post a Comment